Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Internet//Blog fasting

We have been without internet for the last week b/c our motem was blown up by the last lightning storm, wish I could say I've gotten so much done like cleaning, reading or cooking this last week without my blogfest. Not so much, I did however deliver the cutest couple from Nepal today. Its funny what a bubble I live in, I have no clue about other cultures, I got a taste today. On more than one level, amniotic fluid seriously shot at my mouth today and thank goodness I have learned to keep my mouth closed. I had to step out for a few and use alcohol wipes and some serious mouth/lip brushing. The beauty of being a labor and delivery nurse.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny how we were just discussing that a couple of days ago. Rather gross as I sit here eating my breakfast! Did you use clorox straight for mouth and face wash???

Jennifer Walker said...

GROSS!!!! That's all I have to say about that!

Anonymous said...

I didn't kiss you last night, did I?

Anonymous said...

I wondered what happened to you.
Glad you are back online.

Yucky that you got hit in the mouth - sounds like an exciting labor - hope mine is less eventful...Something tells me that with my dramatic flair that my nurses are in for some stories as well...

Heather

julie said...

Wow, they can't possibly be paying you enough for a job where such a thing could happen!! I guess that's why you see the docs with shields on during delivery (on real TV)