Wednesday, April 24, 2013

One & Done, Salt Lake City Marathon 2013


Phillippians 4:13 
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

One of the most emotional things I have ever done, but so glad I did it, thanks to my two older sisters for talking me into it, and for the younger smart one for being our best cheerleader.
Not sure if the rain in the forecast was more of a distraction or the Boston marathon bombing all over the news. We prepared ourselves with trash bags to keep us dry pre-race, here is Tia trying them on for size. 
The first person I recognized when I finished bachelor Jef Holm, a Salt Lake Celebrity, super nice congratulating me, we were both marathon virgins.

they handed out these dry fit Run for Boston shirts, I was excited about this one

Loved seeing my high school bestie Michele, she ran the half with my dad, love this girl.
Kenzie, Jess and I at the finish at 4:09 when a group of Boston marathoners planned to finish, (time of the bombing in Boston 5 days before). This was a tearjerker, but you couldn't tell through all the rain!!

pre-race pic
and after.. Cold and wet, but so worth it!
Headed to hotel after, for the best hot showers ever, I hope I look this good when Im 43, good job Ang!
me and my dad after our practice run on Thursday before the race, this 64 year old ran a half in a little over 2 hours, he is amazing as well.














Cheers to Tia's 40th, we wouldn't have signed up for this without your strong willed self!

4 comments:

Kit said...

With your finish time I am disappointed that you are one and done!! Speedy. What an awesome experience to have with your family. I loved talking to you about it at school the other day to see your face light up. Congrats to all of you! Well Done - Well Done!!

heather said...

I've been anxious for this post. Congratulations! I'm proud of you. And thanks for sharing the Boston details. Also, how old is Jef? 14? Jeez.

Braxmeyers said...

What a fun trip! Congratulations to all of you! Hopefully we can do a race together sometime this fall or next spring.

Shannon said...

SO proud of you you and so fun to see such an exciting and adventurous family! You are amazing!!!