Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Refinishing Hardwoods = LOVE

 after 10+ years living in our house, we finally decided to proceed with the refinishing of our hardwood floors, the original floors from when the house was built in the late 1960's. I got a couple of before phone pics when we took our furniture and rugs out, yikes!
 we had light yellowy wood with lots of gray/black worn areas, scratches, but truthfully the wood floors are one of my favorite parts of our house, so easy to maintain with kids, dog, spills and such.
 Thank you Jake for helping hubs with moving furniture and painting our deathly scary high & steep hallway ceiling.

 so the nice gentleman (shown in closet) came in in a half a day and sanded our whole main floor, with a dustless system, the best!
 I wanted something dark, not too dark that would show dust, and I didn't want red either, also didn't want a shiny finish…TADA, I am in love with how they turned out.

 Of course, I decided we needed a new paint color in the formal/living dining area as well. (Probably should have been done before the floors, but that would involve planning)
Love the floors, love the color (CASTLE PATH) and now we just need some trim and our furniture back, not sure when that is going to happen. For now, I will just soak in what feels like brand new hardwood floors. Most likely, the closest thing we will get to owning a new house:)

4 comments:

Kit said...

The floors and walls look great. It is always exciting to start, complete and then love a home improvement project.

Shannon said...

So proud of you! They look even better in person!!

Heather said...

They look awesome! I wish I could run over and see them in person. Enjoy!

Heather said...

They look awesome! I wish I could run over and see them in person. Enjoy!