Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Random thoughts by Roe on her birthday eve...


Preface this by saying nothing is made up and how cute are these cupcakes?
Bake a funfetti cake mix, pour into cupcake holders, ice with pink frosting and sprinkles, place candle inside gummy saver. Now that is my kind of bakin!

Roe tearful in bed: Mommy, I don't want to turn 4 because I don't want to grow up
Mommy: Roe, you won't be grown up you will be a little lady.
Roe: Okay, well ya know its fun to die because there are lots of toys in heaven.
Mommy: Yeah, Ro I am sure there are a lot of toys in heaven.
Roe: I think heaven looks like water, because it is like the ocean and when you die you get flushed down the toilet and you go to heaven.
Mommy: No honey I don't think it works quite like that.
Roe as she is tickling my face: Mommy, you are beautiful, will you sleep by me for a little bit? (keep in mind I've been up since 5, been working, completely drained and disheveled and far from presentable at this point)

4 comments:

Jessie said...

Well that's the cutest thing I've ever heard!

Happy Birthday, Roe!

Jennifer Walker said...

Keely...what a sweatheart! I love those kinds of stories! Jen

pamela said...

love this interaction. i don't want her to grow up either.

Robben Family 5 said...

How precious is that! The total innocense is so uplifting!