Friday, March 18, 2016

The Race is On


pre-race pic with Kenzie and friends, all the 10kers!! David fits right in our running family I think he broke 7 minutes in his pace, #ridiculousness!!



We kicked off Spring Break week with the St Paddy's race that has been a family tradition, this year we added Kenzie, Monroe & Jude, and they did amazing! Roe and Kenzie both did their first 10k, Roe got 1st in her age group (out of 3;) with an 8:30 pace and Kenzie finished in front of us getting second in her age group. I love my running family!! Unfortunately, my dad had been sick so he didn't get to make it to run with us and Tia abandon us last minute for soccer. Jude also rocked it getting first in his age group for the 2 mile, with a 14:28 finish. He managed to beat his dad who came in almost a minute after him, but Trav still won his old man age group for the 2 mile.  Jude was sad that I didn't place and I was happy I felt great running a comfortable pace in perfect running weather. This race is really not a fun route, it is a down and back I would not recommend running with ridiculously long slight uphill on the way back.

I tried to coach this one most of the way encouraging her to slow down her breathing, she kept reminding me she couldn't hear me with her music playing, and of course the awkward trying to drink water and run at the same time.

No comments: