Friday, August 1, 2014

The Great Outdoors?

Jess planned a great campfire dinner and we set up camp in the mountains but were a little nervous after hearing from the park ranger that there was a bear a quarter mile away the night before.

the dinner was perfect, Roe roasting hot dogs, I stuck with the smores.
Preston did a great job of leading the games, Tree/ Axe? can't remember the name...


My Utah bestie  Chele always manages to meet up with us so we can get our kids together, our families have grown since last time.

the glow light was more like a lightsaber
we did some geocaching, one led us to this stream, no cache here.


They spent a lot of time and prep getting this tent up and prepared for the evening, this is when I should have intervened.


doing what we do best, eating...


The camping was great until it came to the sleeping. I could feel every piece of dirt and rock below me, my feet were freezing and nothing sounded better than sleeping in the car, and so I did. It didn't get much better though, set off the car alarm at 2:30am, ended up denting the front of our burb and had a dead battery the next day, I think my camping days are over. My husband and sister were not proud of me.

No comments: