Tuesday, August 5, 2014

On the road again


Our last afternoon we spent soaking up the sun at the park with friends and family, these two do not tolerate too much sun or heat. The goodbye was a little easier knowing the Pond gang would be heading to Ks soon:)
I thought they outlawed this spin around wheelbarrow thing, we used to have one of these at city park, maybe they make them safer now, maybe I don't want to know.
I tried this new age merry go round and thought it looked super fun, I think you need to be a little shorter to fly like Trinity is.

We decided to stop on the way home and got some good recommendations of fun things to do in Vail for the day. It was gorgeous here.
This pack no longer fits in one hotel room, I think I have mentioned before, another blessing of vacationing at my sisters house, we all had enough sleeping space.
We rented bikes around the villages a thumbs up, Jude had to warm up to the hand breaks.

Night out on the town, not quite as successful as the day, lots of expensive busy places to eat, we ended up going back close to our hotel for Bart & Yettis, a little more kid friendly.
The kids would be happy hanging at the pool
And then just when we were getting pumped up for the drive home we ran into 2.5 hours of this crap! Again makes me so thankful that we live in a place without traffic. Kingston had to pee, Jude, Roe & Xander were thirsty, and all we have left in the cooler is beer.
Back to reality and time to make my one family vacation scrapbook a year, since my kids don't have any of their own, they can at least reminisce on vaca pics someday.

No comments: