Thursday, July 25, 2013

Rocky Mountain High

 Gail & I found this Blue Spruce Splendor VRBO, it was such an awesome retreat, with all the upgrades, amazing views and a shower that the owner says he had to pull his wife out of. I had to chuckle because I set the smoke alarm off while I was in it the first morning.
 While my 2 older sisters & fams are with my parents partying it up in Disney World, we opted for the more economical vacation to Estes Park. I have to admit, I missed nothing except for my family by going to Estes, there is something that makes my heart sing about being active and enjoying the outdoors with my kids, LOVE IT!!


One of the bad things about going without the rest of my family on our summer vaca is Im not the planner in the family, so Gail & I had a very laid back approach to our week.  
 Monroe said it was the most excited she had ever been to go on a vacation, I felt a little sad because Kingston stayed back at camp Grandma & Grandpa's farm. He only talked to me about 8 seconds the first 2 days and didn't want to talk to me the last 3, I was a little 
lot sad, but thankful at the same time.

 Our first evening we just checked out the town, Barlow Plaza
 a little music festival going on & Big Poppy's Pizza where we had a star spotting by Gail & Travis.  I decided that Gail competes with Trav in the socializing department she of course asked Mr.Jemison? if he was famous, if he was in a lot of movies, and then what his name was, Im sure that boosted his ego. I honestly had never seen the dude in my life.
had to stop at the carousel in Burlington on way

1 comment:

Kit said...

That is exactly the type of vacation I was hoping for this summer but it seems we are out of time with school and football starting. I loved the pictures it looks like you had a lot of fun.