Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What you learn in 1st grade, week 2...


Xander was so excited after school yesterday about what he had learned. He has not been the best about sharing about his day, so I was thrilled about his offer. He proceeds to tell me, "So mom, NEVER go in to the bathroom, turn the lights out and turn around 3X or Bloody Mary will appear in the mirror." What exactly am I supposed to say to this? I want there to be open communication between the two of us, I want him to be able to tell me everything, but then again maybe I don't. Yikes!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my! Who's in his class? Some kid with an older sibling I'm sure. I can't belive a 6 year old has conversations about this stuff - talking about the bathroom, that i get. Shouldn't 6 year old boys be talking about sports or dirt or super heroes?
Hopefully today he will tell you about addition or how to spell something.

Kelsie said...

I don't remember that one coming up until I was much older!! Wonder what he will tell you next!! And at least he tells you....hopefully that will last a lifetime!!

The Unprocessed Project said...

My fifth graders were so freaked out by Bloody MAry last year that some of them were afraid to go into the bathroom! Guess it starts a little earlier in the Little Apple!