Sunday, January 12, 2014

A Winning Weekend


 We went to Wichita Friday night for the Folgers Invitational.
 the warm up at the hotel


 I am confident that Jeryka had something everything to do with Monroe's success

 My parents got to experience my almost puking state of nervousness, who is competing really? They are two of her biggest fans.
Gray-bird has always been a good luck charm, these 2 listened to I wanna be brave A LOT (thanks Jess, great song!)

 they insisted on getting a pic here

 Roe had a great meet, one of her best and Trav was sad to miss. Honestly, I saw doubt in her this week on bars and figured she would be scratching. He stayed home with the boys, Xander had been home sick from school but thankfully I got some really great
crappy footage of her meet. She ended up getting 1st place on Vault, Bars, Floor & all around & placing 2nd on Beam, she told me she was almost crying and shaking when she found out.

She scored a 9.5 and I saw her and the judges laughing as she walked off, I figured she tripped leaving the mat. I found out later she winked at the judges, seriously!!?? Even if it helped her score this time, I told her probably not a good idea in the future.

If you watch, TURN VOLUME OFF:) This video is awful, I yelled so loud when she went for her flyaway. I honestly didn't care how she scored but was so happy to see her excitement and confidence in something she knows how to do.  Coming from a 0.00 scratch last meet to a 9.25 1st place was just awesome.





2 comments:

heather said...

This is so awesome! Congrats Monroe! Wow!

julie said...

Amazing! How wonderful that your child has found one of her talents and she spreads joy with it. Hopefully many more winning meets ahead for Travis to see in person. I know how hard it is to take the whole family to stuff like that, just do what you can.