Tuesday, December 10, 2013

To grandmothers house we go..

We spent the weekend in KC with the  Pond gang in town for the Salt Lake Real Sporting Kc soccer game.
The girls competed in the judge's cup in kc on Friday, the meet is not my favorite and in a small gym where you are literally on top of the gymnasts while they compete vault. This might have worked to Roe's advantage b/c vault was her best event. 
how my boys entertain each other at the meet

Roe got her first 0.00 scratch on bars in 5 years of competing, she has had a mental block the last few weeks so of course we had to document the 0.00 which took her out of placing in all around, lets hope this will pass. 
We tried out Spin Neopolitan Pizza in KC after, it was great & great with kids.
 Jessie & Preston got to come to Roe's meet &  we spent Fri night at the movies with them, wow what a difference the theaters in KC are, serve beer & wine!


Sat night we spent with these boys on the plaza, Kona Grill was awesome, a little frigid to enjoy the lights but fun!


I wish I could say we got lots of good shopping in, not so much, I don't do crowds or lines.



Trav and I tried out ice skating at Crown Center, I want to take the kids back, when it is about 30 degrees warmer!

girls @ Kona, we got some good people watching going on here. 
My parents sent me several pics with the kids over the weekend, one being these gingerbread masterpieces!



Im not a cat fan so the kids love to visit Honeysuckle @ my parents house.

I love that my kids love the simple life of just hanging out, roasting marshmallows, playing games and wearing the same clothes everyday, thanks mom & dad for having them!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh Keely,
come see us! Our movie theater is not as cool as AMC in KC but it is nice and they do serve wine & beer in the balcony of the main theater and food and waiters come to your seat. :)
Also we have an indoor ice rink year round and it is pretty nice and not as cold as outdoor ice skating. It is bigger than Manhattan tiny rink and maybe bigger than the Crown Center rink. Our Hockey team practices there.
Plus I miss you. :)