Saturday, September 7, 2013

Making the Grade & making us cranky

This was played on the today show yesterday and I got a little excited until they revealed that math homework is shown to improve test scores, guess we better get used to it.

 We have been blessed by not having a lot of homework at Marlatt, I know a lot of parents like homework, not me, I'm over it and afraid its just begun in 6th grade.
 We have gotten our butts kicked by 6th grade math this year, pretty sure Xander is going to get his first B, if that, in what has been his strongest subject in the past. How do you find the cubed root of 6,859 without using a calculator? And this is only the front side of the homework, the kids shouldn't be spending more than 45 min a night on homework, what??? We have spent an hour and half with my help, (which usually isn't much).
 I found this contract the kids made & makes me so sad for Jude, my little pleaser will do anything for his siblings even without this:((
On a more positive note, we had missed the swimming banquet and Xander had received the most improved award, he was pretty excited about this.

No comments: