Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Not lovin thy neighbor


Okay, so I may have mentioned before that my neighbor is the biggest cranky grouch ever? She has never smiled or looked me in the eye but has chewed me out several times. Here is the scenario, the meter reader dude comes to our gate, of course our dogs are going to bark at him. A stranger coming on to their territory. I immediately go out to get the dogs and kennel them, and hear her yelling, yelling, from her kitchen window, "Put those dogs away, put those dogs away, nobody can come over without them barking". I really need to find her a date or something, seriously. So today I yelled back, I did, after 6 years. Here is me, "Maybe if you weren't so rude and grumpy they wouldn't bark at you, do you think I would have viscious dogs with 3 young kids?" Ohhh, it was so cleansing to do this. Seriously, what does she want us to do get rid of our dogs. I promise I know how annoying barking dogs are, but this is not the case. It is only if a stranger comes to her backyard (which they do on occasion to tend her yard), but I immediately put them up, (within 2.5 minutes tops). I think Im going to write a Dear Abby and get some advice, or if anyone knows any 90+ yr old single men who could make my neighbor happy let me know.

6 comments:

Jennifer Walker said...

Maybe we should have fireworks at your house this 4th!

Anonymous said...

I think the fireworks already happened today!

Anonymous said...

I am cracking up! Wish I could've heard you chew someone out--I'd have to see it to believe it! Gail

Jessie said...

Way to fight back, Keel! Too bad she's probably just lonely and cried her eyes out for hours after that.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!
I totally know the lady you are talking about...
I am SO curious to know if she yells at your or your dogs again.
I am sure she was in shock that someone actually responded back to her for once.
It is sad that some people are actually that cranky all the time, I can't imagine living life so cranky.

Heather

pamela said...

i'm so glad you yelled back. i can totally picture you doing it too. makes me happy.