Thursday, January 24, 2008

Fish Tacos





Fish Tacos

Halibut and cod work especially well with these low fat fish tacos (I used tilapia). Bake, broil or grill the fish after briefly marinating it, and serve with your choice of low fat or fat free garnishes on top of warm corn tortillas.
INGREDIENTS:
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
1 pound firm white fish fillets such as halibut or cod
8 corn tortillas
PREPARATION:
In a small bowl, combine lime juice, cumin, olive oil and cilantro. Place fish in a glass baking dish or in a resealable plastic bag. Add marinade. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
Coat a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray and preheat oven to 350 degrees.

serve with salsa and fat-free sour cream
WOW, would definitely recommend the recipe above, thanks Mary Foster. Of course I used cheese, regular sour cream, not exactly fat free, but tasty. I should really cook more b/c I am grateful that my hubby is so easy to please when it comes to food. Me on the other hand, I usually spend a lot of time making something and then am sick of it by the time it is served. I had thirds and I am not a big fish fan, the Alice White Shiraz was a nice addition.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Yum. I just may have to attempt this one.

Anonymous said...

i'll have to try this...bryan absolutely loves fish tacos! - pam