Friday, January 18, 2008

Don't judge a book by its cover


I should have learned my lesson by now about checking out books at the library. Usually my hands are full so I let Roe pile up the books and we bring them home and read them. Well, "The Lemonade Club" sounds pretty harmless (she likes lemonade and clubs). As I am reading to Roe, one of the girls in the story loses weight and is diagnosed with Leukemia and loses her hair. It gets worse, the teacher in the class is then diagnosed with breast cancer. I attempted to start making up words so I didn't tear up as I was reading the book. So probably a great book if your wanting to teach your kids about sickness and hope, but for a light reading wouldn't recommend it if you were interested in lemonade stands.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I don't need to hear about anymore heartache.

pamela said...

that book is so not for me. for some reason though, i'm totally laughing. probably picturing your face as you realize what you're reading her.