Thursday, August 13, 2015

Sea Creatures

 I hadn't seen sand dollars alive before, they were furry and oozed out orange stuff that stained, there was a certain area of the ocean you could find a bunch of them, we bleached them out to make necklaces, a Roe project.  There were a ton of little fish close to the shore you could see that would come in huge schools, they were fast little boogers.
I think we all tried to catch them at some point, you can't see it well, but I caught a jelly fish on accident and Kingston had to keep it in his bucket as a pet for the day at the beach:(
 One night we decide to go crabbing on the beach
 Floatin is what I want to do:)
 The stingrays freaked me out a little bit, but from what we read I don't think they intentionally seek out people
 Xander pointing to a different stingray we saw at one point.

 My favorite sea spotting was the dolphins, we saw them almost every day, this was the closest they got, which seemed so crazy close!!
 There were at least 4 in this particular group
To be hanging out in the ocean and these swim by is so awesome to me, love!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow - that is soooo cool! I'm just enamored with dolphins and whales. How amazing that they got so close to you.