Wednesday, January 14, 2015

1-13-15



#38
I will never forget my 38th birthday, definitely the most tearful one I have had yet. We lost one of the most beautiful people I know, but she gained the best gift ever in heaven. 
I was not surprised at all Jeryka, loves odd numbers. 


Roe is buried in this group huddle as the girls are praying together.
they shared some special time together last night in the gym
love looking through old pictures and videos from my blogworld, they look like babies!
Jeryka's b-day weekend 4 yrs ago at kc coed meet
blessed to spend time in the hospital making some boost shakes to share, even if they smelled like baby formula


God, I love this girl and miss her a ton and she has been gone for less than a day.
Im so thankful for the last 5 1/2 years as a coach and friend that she has blessed our lives with her always positive attitude, inspiration, example and fight. She has been my daughter and several other gym girls second mom, spending 15 hours a week with her, only been more patient than I will ever be and taught her more about life than I ever will. I prayed for a miracle everyday for the last 2 1/2 years and I am deeply saddened that my prayer for her wasn't answered. I am so thankful that her suffering has ended and she is in heaven. God, I am trusting you through this and through the tears,
I know that there are better days ahead and Jeryka is and will always be a part of these girls. I am feeling so selfish, but to lose someone who brings out the best in your child, is a heartbreaker. Thank you that she shared her journey with us to the end.
One of her last texts to me was "I love your child like she is my own", she really did.
Prayers for Kyle, her amazing family and MGA family as well, she would never want us to be sad.


2 comments:

Kit said...

Beautiful words Keely. I know she meant so much to so many but I know she meant the world to you and your family, especially Roe.

Gail said...

Wow--that gave me a good cry! Love the pictures, love your heart! Praying often for your dear family!