Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Timpanogos Half Marathon

 Trav finished his first half marathon!! We had to be bussed up the canyon between 4 and 5 am, so we did not get much sleep the night before, had to leave Pond house at 3:20am. I was proud of him, he started a little fast, but still felt ok when he was finished, might have helped that it was DOWN a mountain. I figured he better check this off before he turns 40, he could totally be a runner, did not train much and still did awesome.
 loved our "free" shirts at packet pickup
It really was a gorgeous race, poorly marked, but it was only the 4th year. We finished pretty much by ourselves and I later realized that was because we started a half hour early with the marathoners, this what happens when I am in charge. And here I thought we had gotten first place;)))

Celebrating with our temporary tats, yes we got made fun of for showing off our 13.1.
Its ok, we didn't know anyone anyway, but I would have made fun of us too.

No comments: