Sunday, May 25, 2008

Best day

So Im always wanting to freeze my kids at certain ages, definitely am thinking six. It started with Trav taking the kids to get donuts, (not even sprinkles) and Xander said, "this is the best day of my life". Wow, all it takes is donuts. A few more shots to sum up the "best day of his life".


fishing, and we didn't even catch any

riding bikes (no training wheels!)


reading a book on his own, without being forced, (notice the title).
I couldn't help but think of the George Strait song,

Dad, this could be the best day of my life.
I've been dreamin' day and night about the fun we'll have.
Just me and you doin' what I've always wanted to.
I'm the luckiest boy alive,
this is the best day of my life.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Hopefully catching a glimpse of Trav's tshirt weren't part of the best day of his life.

What a cute kid! Donuts make my day too!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for noticing Jess! The part Keely doesn't tell is when she was gone running and it's 55 degrees and the kids want to go play in the sprinkler and Dad wouldn't let them. They said, "mommy would let us". Then walked off and said "Daddy's mean".

I guess you can't win 'em over everytime.....

Kelsie said...

That is one of Derrick and my favorite songs. Derrick first referred to it when he was thinking about his dad one day and how he use to go fishing with his dad!! Pretty Cool!!