Monday, August 12, 2013

To grandmother's house we go


My parents have retired to Hamilton, Mo where they both grew up. They have fixed up my dad's childhood home into a complete dollhouse, I need my mom to come deep clean mine, she is the best! I love that they are so much closer now, but they have been busy with lots of house/yard projects so we had to go check out their work for the weekend!


 the kids love the rides on the mower, the yard is perfect of course, yep we could use some help there too:)


We had dinner with Granny, I haven't got to see her since she broke her hip a few months ago, she looked great and we loved visiting with her.
The worst part of Missouri, too many smokers! At the restaurant we ate at there was seriously a smoking section, we will have to go on Sundays I guess. The roads are awful there too, we got stuck in some construction and Jimmy navigated us into a few close crashes.

tell me this belongs to a lactation consultant??

 Potbelly on the plaza, I have only been to them in Chicago, love them! Pretty sure I have my own potbelly after eating there 2 days in a row, definitely not low cal.


 My parents kept the kids while we stayed on the plaza for a night, they took lots of pictures and gave us updates, the kids loved the simple life, no tv or wifi there!

our roomies on the plaza:)
and yes most of our weekend revolved around eating as usual, we did manage to get a couple of short runs in. 
In lieu of the kids request for Worlds of Fun we stopped at Skyzone for 30 minutes on the way home.

 We had heard great things and Im all about the kids being tuckered out in a half hour.

Thank you for a great weekend Grampy & Grandma Susie!


No comments: