Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Attempt at salsa



I would like to share about my attempt to make homemade salsa, my Granny's fab recipe. My friend Jen brought me a bag of tomatoes from her garden. I was ecstatic and inspired to make salsa. I was salivating as I was cutting up 8c of tomatoes. Following my recipe card (from Granny) I went to the Farmers market and got an onion and jalapeno peppers. This was an all day affair. I also got some new cute jars (above) to can them and went about the preparation. The next day in the shower, my fingers were throbbing and felt like they were on fire. The nurse in me questioned whether I was having a heart attack or stroke, but quickly realized it was from the jalapenos. I was then a bit stressed when I noticed my lids hadn't popped after several hours. A long story short, I guess I was supposed to boil the lids first (I had no idea) and my great salsa idea turned out to be another one of my many kitchen failures.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

I guess you'll know for next time. It looks really good!

pamela said...

i've had LOTS of big failures in the kitchen. many tear shed.